Re: HV Wire on eBay

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

I recently bought the same wire (30kv) from the same seller on eBay at
$10 for 35 feet (the "buy it now" price).  A dollar a foot is a big
sudden jump in price.  Also, I found the wire itself (insulation
removed) to be somewhat brittle - don't know why, but it breaks easily
at the connections, as compared to other high voltage wire I bought on
eBay (seller teslacity), which had a lower voltage rating (15kv), but
works fine for my NST to main circuit connection.  Also, I'm not sure
what kind of insulation this stuff (the 30kv stuff) has.  It's pink and
has a rough texture, unlike the smooth white ethylene propylene (under
black PVC jacket) sold by teslacity.

	- Bill V.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Kevin Ottalini by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ottalini-at-mindspring-dot-com>