Re: Tungsten

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Bill

Look like you know the stuff. In the process of designing a new
spark gap I need tungsten ring 1/2" by 1/8" I plan of using 1/8"
welding rod but from your post it seem to be to brittle. I plan
to try to form the ring by coiling the Tungsten rod  on a 3/8"
steel rod. If I heat them to yellow color with an oxipropane
torch are the rod will get more plastic?

Tx for your time,
Cheers,

Luc Benard