Re: HELP!rotary

Original poster: "Terrell W. Fritz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net>

Hi Josh,

Adjust the motor timing.  I think your gap is firing at the wrong time and
you are getting core saturation in the NST which is causing the high
voltage (thank goodness for safety gaps :-)))  Maybe set you coil for a
very low output and do trial and error for the best streamers at low power.
 Then it should work well at high power too.

If you are firing your safety gap with 14nF and a 15/30 NST, the NST is
fine :-))

You may also want to play with the primary tap for the longest streamer
output too just to be sure the primary to secondary tuning is right.

I'll pass this on to the Tesla list since it illustrates an important point.

Cheers,

	Terry