Vac. gap. questions

Original poster: "Ed by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <edtrind-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi,
I'm about to construct sort of a Gary Lau style Vacuum gap, and have a
couple of questions.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether I will be sacrificing much if I just
insert the whole gap into the air flow in-line rather than using a "T"
configuration?
I was originally thinking of just enclosing the electrodes in a piece of
PVC in such an orientation where one of them is up stream (and the other
down) in relation to the air flow (arc parallel to the flow of air), but I
also could go to a larger diameter pipe and orient them so that the air
flow is perpendicular to the arc.
I realize that in the first configuration, the flow will be pulling the
ionized air/gasses toward one of the electrodes, but am wondering if it
matters with that much air flow?

Also I haven't (successfully) thought through much on the benefit of
drilling holes in the electrodes in this particular setup that I'm thinking of.

One other question - I have some Oxygen-free-high-conductivity (certified
grade 99.9% pure) copper laying around....   and was wondering if that
stuff will hold up better/last longer in gap use before needing to be
cleaned than copper water pipe fittings?

Thanks a lot,

Ed. T.