Re: ign coils in antiparallel , was: Re: RE: Hello, delurk and question

Original poster: "Aleks R Nowak by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Aleks-at-sn2.co.uk>

I can't say for two, but I run an ignition coil off the main here in the UK
as part of a triggered gap for a capacitor discharge bank, and it wworks
great with a PFC cap and a dimmer in series. the cap is 12uF I think. It
does tend to eat dimmers although I only use a 400W dimmer. If you can get a
1000W dimmer for two then it will work better (last longer). In my setup
(when I ran a coil off the dimmer) it lasted about an hour before the dimmer
gave up the ghost. It is the triac which dies, so if you can get a load
which are the same, you can easily open up the dimmer and replace when
blown.

Aleks Nowak
G-5 #0003
V.P. Web Design/UK Operations