Re: VTTC

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Hi Vladi, Richard, All!

>I have actually a 3x807 VTTC that gives 6" very nice brush discharge
and
>I have built some little VTTC with horizontal deflection colours
>television tubes. One of them with a single EL519 gives 10" spark.

This is seriously impressive, especially the EL519, though it's
certainly a pocket battleship of a bottle!  The triple 807 is no
slouch either.  What circuits are you using?  Any chance of a .gif to
hot-streamer-dot-com?

>My
>future plan are to build tesla coil with 2X813 paralleled

Yes, me too!  That round tuit seems an awful way off though, it gets
further away each time I look ;-)

>one GI8 or
>GU81 and one with a monster tertode GU39B recently bought new at
Milan
>hamfest.

Are these the finned, forced-air cooled Russian military bottles like
a 4CX250 on steroids?  I've heard excellent reports of them.

Dunckx
Geek #1113 G3