Re: MMCs for sale

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 6/14/01 9:18:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hello All,
> I have a pretty good set of caps for sale here...
> The flat rate is $1.70 per cap, and includes an acrylic string and bleeder
> resistors all pre-soldered.
> There are two small strings and a bank of four available. All strings
> consist
> of (12) 3kvdc .1µF metalized polypropylene snubbers made by General
> Electric.
> The strings measure 8.33nF with a voltage rating of 36kVdc. These were
> designed
> for use with an NST at 15kV or less. Using Terry's life calc, they should
> last
> approx 470 hours on a 15kV NST, or 13360 hours on a 12kV NST.*
> The bleeder resistors are 10MegOhm 1/2 watt from Digikey. The bank of four
> comes with two 1" thick brass buss bars with 1/4"-20 bolts to hold the
> strings
> and 3/8"-16 bolts to anchor the bank (Yes, it is a major overkill, but
> that's
> just my style :-).
> Also note, MMCs will die if used in a system with an Asynchronous rotary
> spark
> gap. That's the only guarantee that comes with these caps.
> Oh, one more thing, the strings are 16" long...
>
> -Mike Novak
> <mailto:acmnovak-at-msn-dot-com>mailto:acmnovak-at-msn-dot-com

So are you saying that all we pay for is the capacitors and we get EVRYTHING
else to?All the bussbars and resistors and a piece of acrylic to mount them
on?Or do I have it woefully wrong:-)?
MATT