Re: FW: Updated JHCTES Ver 3.3

Hi John,

I tested JHCTES couping tonight. It did very well!

I compared it to ACMI and MandK testing we did a while back using the same
parameters as previous into JHCTES.
It was close, but still off by more than I expected. Then I realized the
coil turns is calculated by JHCTES
and therefore the previous testing would not match. So I adjusted Cp to
move the calc'd turns but found that
the coulping factor didn't change (I assume the coupling factor in JHCTES
is a lookup value from a table?).
The only way I could manage to get the programs to compare was to input
JHCTES cacl'd turns into ACMI (this
did the trick). As you know, ACMI and MandK can calc better than we can
measure.

ACMI ----- Mu = 461.2uH, K = 0.1696
JHCTES--- Mu = 440.8uH, K = 0.165

So it looked much closer at that point.
Excellent work!

Bart Anderson

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>