Re: 81" Continuous Arcs!

Hi John, Malcolm,

> Hi Bart,
> Apologies if I am speaking out of turn - please bear with me.
> If the coils are sharing primary energy, I do believe that John's
> assertion is correct. It is easy to show that two coils driven from a
> single primary cap containing some nominated energy can do better
> than a single resonator alone on the same amount of energy. They
> certainly can if you consider the potential difference between their
> business ends. I hope I've followed this thread correctly. My
> apologies if not.
>
> Regards,
> malcolm

Your not speaking out of turn. I know twin-coil sparklength has been looked at
this way per previous posts on the subject. I personally have difficulty
identifying sparklength potential because in a twin setup, there is quite a few
more mechanisms at work (i.e, potential differences, spark channel effects,
proximity effects, etc..).

Here's a question I have. If say a 10kVa twin produces 20 foot arcs to
eachother. If the twin is seperated to 25 feet beyond their collective
potential, is each twin then still capable of 10 foot arcs?

> Bart,
>
> You bring up a good point.  I understood that the 10kVA was
> the total power for both coils, and that each coil would use
> 5kVA.  But if Duck meant that each coil was 10kVA for a
> total of 20kVA, then the total spark length across both coils
> would be about 28 feet or so, or 14 feet streamers from each
> coil as you said.
>
> John Freau

I'm sure Duck meant 10kVA total, so your 20 foot arc length would hold. I'm now
curious if the arcs themselves are responsible or if there's more to it
(probably).

Take care,
Bart Anderson