Re: 81" Continuous Arcs!

In a message dated 6/11/01 9:13:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest.
> net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
>  Hi John,
>  I never consider a twin coil spark length as the length of two branches
>  meeting and
>  summing their meshed lengths together, but just simply each coils
>  individual spark length ability.
>
>  Bart

Bart,

You bring up a good point.  I understood that the 10kVA was
the total power for both coils, and that each coil would use
5kVA.  But if Duck meant that each coil was 10kVA for a
total of 20kVA, then the total spark length across both coils
would be about 28 feet or so, or 14 feet streamers from each
coil as you said.

John Freau