Fw: Efficiency work

Original poster: "acmnovak by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmnovak-at-email.msn-dot-com>

----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:acmnovak-at-email.msn-dot-com>acmnovak
To: <mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 1:25 PM
Subject: Efficiency work

Hello All,
I was thinking of doing a bit of higher power efficiency theory testing. I have
a 12/180 and a MOT power supply to work with as well as a big cap bank, good
SRSG and a great deal of wire and PVC. I was thinking of constructing several
coils on 6" pvc, each with a different gage wire with as long of winding length
as possible. Then, I could try 60, 120 and 240 bps on each with various cap
sizes and then with a different power supply, then different ballast and then a
PFC. After all those tests were completed, I could cut off a little of each
secondary and do all the tests over again. All this on a big universal primary
with like 30 turns or something.
I could make a massive number of graphs showing relationhips between different
variables and come up with some hard evidence as to what is most "efficient".
Anyone interested in helping me?

-Mike Novak