From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2001 9:14 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Melted enamel spool, fixable??

Original poster: "Erik Byng by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<e_byng-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi there ya'll.

I spent some of my time last week hunting down a reliable source for magnet
wire locally, and wound up (no pun intended) visiting a rewind shop.

While there, I spotted this 350lb+(!) spool of 21awg heavy enamel mag wire
sitting on a pallet.  The only problem was that the first 50 or 60 layers on
the spool had been melted when, somehow, the enamel ran together, but only
on those first 50 layers. I got it for free(!), but I'm at a loss as to how
to fix it, any sugestions??

Thanks
Erik

p.s. walked out with 9 lbs 6awg mag wire as a gift for taking that "useless
spool"!! God I love america..