4800V 1kVA PTs for sale. CT Question

As promiced I got a couple more PTs in srock today. The Geek Group is
selling 4800V 1kVA PT's, Mint condition. I have a matched pair.

Could somebody please explain to me what a Current Transformer is, does, and
in detail, how it works? I have the ability to easily scrounge about a dozen
or more in various sizes if they're worth my time. Would anyone be
interested in some?

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek