RE: Paper Mache' Toriod Rules!

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Greg

Your paper mache toriod will rule in my pig system. I took almost forever
designing my pig system. What I did not think about was the huge cost of the
project. I got a 14.4KV/5KVA pig for $250 from T&R electric, and for ballast
I found a huge welding transformer for only $20 at a salvage yard. For the
secondary I got a 10 inch diameter fiber glass form from Mark Metlicka for
about $40, and 10.5 lb of 22 AWG magnet wire from the "wire maker" for about
$65. The secondary is now completed. Chris from the list led me to a source
of good used Maxwell caps. I'm not even going to say what I paid for a
240V/50A variac. Now I find out that the motor I want cost $280!  Well I'm
not going to pay that much for any motor that someone probably got for free
out of some machine . I'm with Greg now---junkyards rule. Greg has shown me
how to beat the torrid expense of a top load. I want BIG line filters, and I
don't even want to think about the cost of that right now.

Godfrey Loudner