Re: Variac

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

     Excelent Find! I was bidding on a 240 in, 0-240 Out, 10A cont. 13A
max, variac a while ago (and lost :-(  ) and It ended at $50! You stole that
thing!
      Most Variacs Have 3 connections: Hot, Neutral, and Wiper. You connect
the mains hot and neutral to the hot and neutral on the variac. Then you
connect the PSU neutral to the same neutral terminal, and the hot of your PSU
to the wiper. Unless yours has a plug, then you're right, plug it in and go!

Jonathon Reinhart
hometown.aol-dot-com/kidd6488/tesla