Re: DC tesla coil

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Kamil

I be happy to have a transformer like yours; 13KV at near 4KW,
use a good RF filter to protect your transfo and if you want to
experiment with DC just rectify it and you get 18 KV more than
enough, when you go higher than that you start to have problem
with corona. It's not a bad idea to put your transfo in oil.

Cheers,

Luc Benard