Re: Freau's efficiency theory=Success!

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 6/6/01 8:44:17 AM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<  The method I did use was to apply about 10A of 60Hz  current
 > through the primary and measure the voltage across the secondary.
 > Terry Fritz described this method in a post  "Best Method to Find
 > Coupling Coefficient" >>

This is an excellent method for determing k. It gives accurate and repeatable
results
for my bipolar TC.  I place a large heating element in series to limit the
current.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman