Terry's NST protection circuit?

Hi All,

I have noticed that "Terry's protection circuit" at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTFilt.jpg

gets a lot of "press" :-))

I was wondering if those that have used it are happy or have any
suggestions or improvements.  Or, if it has not help your NSTs or anything
"bad" like that?

A few have asked for more detail and I have BIG pics of basically the same
thing for my big coil at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/BigCoil/BigCoil.htm

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P14260016.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P14260017.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P14260018.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P14260019.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P14260020.jpg

If anyone knows of any improvements I would be happy to hear of them...

I do think adding an input fuse to the NST is a great idea incase the
shunts saturate.  However, there are hints that people can run super high
power NST coils in that region too...  Sort of bleeding edge of TC
technology stuff...  Maybe get 3KW out of a 15/60...  The R&D sounds
painful to me but...

Cheers,

	Terry