RE: help: coil won't "stay on"

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>

Hmm, this is a shot in the dark, but if you using the wall socket as ground
(I used to do this because I was under the false impression that I had to
have a ground closer than 10 feet or so from the coil.) this could be
feeding back into the transformers and triggering the ground fault.

The whimpiness, might be that one of the transformers shut off first but the
streamers were too loud for you to hear that one shut off and then it was
quiet enough for you to hear the other shut off.

There could be some sort of intermittant short in one of the transformers
that is causing the ground fault.

Good luck to ye.

>Big snip

topload to base - or base to secondary windings? What's puzzling is how it
will
be running great and then suddenly give me whimpy output. It almost seems
like
a wire comes loose or something.

Thanks for you help,
Phillip Smith