Re: Racing arc clues...

Original poster: "Robin Copini by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rcopini-at-merlin-dot-net.au>

Hi John,

 Hard to say about line voltage, I run the coil inside my workplace which is a
colorbonded steel lined shed 50metre X 25 metres X 6 metres so no wind. I
believe
as you say that  the humidity/atmospheric pressure may be a factor. Don't
get me
wrong, it's not an everyday occurence, just something that I have noticed
happens
about every 7th-8th firing and requires some attention. My coil at full
power is
running at very high power levels so the bang size at 200bps is still quite
high. I
may just be at that point where the secondary just won't cope. What I
>should< be
doing is keeping better records of various variables when I fire it up so as to
perhaps detect a common thread that promotes the condition.

 I will keep you informed.

 Best Regards

 Robin Copini.