RE: Triggered gap and safety gaps

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Mike:
I am close to the point of setting one up. Waiting on a part from McMaster.
I plan to have the dimmer in a standard AC box and connected by a line cord
to the cap and ignition coil (a remote config). However, I can assure you of
one thing: I will NOT attempt any adjustment of the dimmer/T-Gap while
anything is powered. Period. Ain't worth it!

Safety First...Really!

Ted

Subject: Re: Triggered gap and safety gaps

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<CHURCHMON-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Johnathon and list ,
I too am concerned that if I build one of these triggered gaps that I could
get back
lash from the tank circuit if I come in contact with the dimmer knob.
Has any one else experienced any from these type of trigger circuits ?

Thanks ,
Mike Church(CHURCHMON)-at-aol