Re: sync motor :-( update_2

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 7/29/01 12:17:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Jonathon, Terry, all,
>
> I agree this sounds like a wiring problem.  Maybe it's a 120/240volt
> motor and the connections in the motor are hooked up for 240 volts
> which would give it very little torque on 120 volts.  Or maybe it's
> running on the start winding only, etc.   BTW, what's
> the diameter of the armature rotor?  (often they are 3.3" or so)
> Also, maybe the motor uses a capacitor and it's missing?
>
> John Freau

its 120 only, I don't see any lose connections, the start widings are
definitly kicking out, the rotor is 3  3/8", and there is no wires hanging or
anything. I don't see where there is any room for a cap! there is this black
rectangular thing on the end cap. is that a capacitor?