RE: Sync motor :-(

Original poster: "David Dean by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>

Hi,

Does the motor have a centrifugal switch? If it does,
and you failed to get it back together "just right",
(easy to do) it will cause the motor to run noisy and
to pull too much current (the start winding is never cut out
so the motor acts like two motors fighting each other) and
to get hot.

later
deano