RE: Big Cap 1µF, 20 kVDC

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

I have a 2uF / 63kV cap. So it can store 3969 Joules using 63kV charging.
Does any one know what I can use the cap for other than making a loud bang.
I have an x-ray transformer that can deliver DC output up to 125kV and
300mA. I can throttle the output down to 63kV or less. I'm a little
intimidated by the cap because I think it might be capable of blowing a
person's arm off. I had a chance of getting another such cap, but I waited
to long. The cap came from an impulse x-ray machine.

Godfrey Loudner