Re: MOVs and NSTs

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <
> Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>
>
> About Fusing them, to what percent of the Normal current draw should you
> fuse
> them to? I.E. for a 12/60 which draws 720/120=6 A should I fuse it to 6
> 1/4,
> or 7?

> Jonathon Reinhart
> hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon

Hi Jonathon,
      I have a 15/60 fused at 15 A without PFC which I have not managed to
destroy yet. Based on this, 10 to 12 A for your 12/60 would not seem out of
line to me. If you are using a PFC cap then you might tighten it up to 8-10 A.
You don't want the fuse going when you're operating with normal variation.
Hope this helps,
Matt D.