RE: Fast ground rod

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hello Terry

When someone comes on the list stating that they are going to use a
15kV/60mA NST as a power supply for a tesla coil having a diameter of about
10 inches, the usual advice is to get a pig or equivalent because you won't
have enough power to even cause the toroid to breakout. Your coil is
certainly a counterexample to such a dictum. Can you say something about why
your large diameter coil is working so well with a small power supply.

Godfrey Loudner