Fast ground rod

Hi All,

Dennis Leikam and his friend Clindt were in my town the other day.  So I
hooked up the big coil for some fun.  :-))

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P7220017a.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P7220018a.jpg

I have not had the big one powered up in quite some time so the tuning was
course, but we still had a load of fun.

I suddenly needed some ground rods, so I cut some 36 x 3/8 inch brass rod
and added a few brass bolts and wing nuts:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P7240023a.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P7240027a.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P7240025a.jpg

They are only 18 inches long but they seemed to do the trick very well here
in the wet soil.  I thought they might be of use to others that needed the
fast portable ground rod the was 1/4 inch ring lug friendly :-))

I soldered the 1/4 inch bolts right onto the rod.  The spike ends are filed
blunt to prevent hand cuts.  A common hammer drives them in very easily.

Sort of a fast and easy ground rod for that fast situation...

I'll try to drag out the toys and see what the resistance frequency
spectrum of them is tomorrow...  It will be interesting to place to two
rods a meter apart and see what the AC resistance through say 10kHz to 1MHz
is...  I was not noticing any RF getting to "me" so something must have
been working right :-))

I do notice that the grass under "ground zero" is looking a little poor
today...  I'll try to check that out a little closer too...

Cheers,

	Terry