Re: MOVs and NSTs

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

Terry,
      I've seen your simulation outputs of the difference between connecting
the NST power supply across the tank cap verses across the spark gap, and
I am wondering why keep the RC filter in the second case with power across
the SG.

It still seems to make sense to me to have safety gaps and/or MOVs, but if
there is no RF ringing to the NST when it is connected across the SG why
have the RC filter.

-Peter Lawrence.

(ps, I have not blown an NST since I started using safety gaps and started
connecting my NST across the SG. I sometimes include an RC filter, but not
always, and not having the RC filter does not seem to have cost me anything
yet..... knock on wood.....)