Moderator note - Viruses

Hi All,

Chip and I have noticed that virus coming into the Tesla list are fairly
common these days.  I got 150 viruses incoming yesterday :-))  Non today,
so I assume those people computers are messed up today :-(((

While not a problem really for Chip or me, I just wanted to remind people
not to open odd e-mails with any attachments unless you are sure what they
are.  Microsoft "Outlook" is especially vulnerable since it is so popular
and makes opening file attachments so easy.  Any file that ends in *.exe or
*.pif is really suspect.

Viruses that say things like "I love you", "your fat!", etc. that try to
get you interested enough to open that attachments seem popular these days...

"Today's" popular virus (SirCam) looks like it is sent by someone you know
well (who has the virus) and says:

"Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks"

If you open the file, Blamo!!  you got the virus too...

The Tesla list does not send out file attachments of any kind and all the
messages are in plain ASCII text.  If you ever see an attachment from the
Tesla list, assume it is a virus!!  Some people's local mail systems add
attachments which is normal and you are probably aware of that.

Of course, there is a bunch of virus scanning software around too if you
don't feel lucky.

Thanks to Mike for providing the info on SirCam here.

Cheers,

	Terry