Re: toroid height adjustment - what does it really do?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi curious John,
   You pretty much got it.  Raising/lowering the toroid will change the
capacitance and alter the e-field.  What I noticed most myself is that it
must be at the proper height above the top windings of the coil or you will
get corona off those top windings which will end  up burning off the enamel
coating sooner or later.
Mike

,