Re: MOVs as an SG

	No way it could possibly work.  An MOV is a non-linear resistor whose
resistance goes down as the voltage across it increases above some
threwhold value depending on the design.  Once the voltage across it
becomes less than the threshold it quits conducting. A spark gap is a
non-linear switch; once the breakdown voltage is exceeded it behaves as
a very low resistance until the spark is quenched or quenches itself.

Ed