Re: Primary Strikes, how serious/bad?

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

Johnathan,
          most of the time I run with a sphere mounted above my toroid to
cause the sparks to go upwards rather than outwards and sometimes downwards.

The sphere's diameter is about the same as the toroid's minor diameter, and
its top is about the toroid's major radius up from the center of the toroid.

You can get a similar effect by putting a breakout "point" up at the same
height, but IMO(subjective) the quality of sparks is much better with a sphere.

so far this works for me, but then I've not pushed my TC to spark lengths
beyond the height of my coil,... YMMV.

-Peter Lawrence.