Re: Advice for an Old Coiler

Original poster: "Ben Murrell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <benmurrell-at-att-dot-net>

Dave,

I am still building my first coil, but here are some basic tips:

> Two .03uf 35KV Maxwell caps in series for .015 -at- 70KV

You *could* make an MMC if you are willing to pt out more money.

> 14 turn .25 inch copper tubing secondary, adjustable tap, 15 degree saucer

> shaped with strike rail

Whenever you refer to this, it is the "Primary coil" a good idea would be to
put to OD of the coil.

> 6 inch thin wall PVC primary with 1000 turns 24 gauge magnet wire

This is the secondary... you might want to include the height along with
width.

That's just about all I have to say... most of it is just syntax. Hehe, hope
this helps,

Ben