Re: Liability, etc.

Original poster: "Tim Flood by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tflood-at-stllabs-dot-com>

If you manufacture a device, sell it through whatever means and someone is
injured using the device, the maker - private or comercial - can be sued. I've
been a forensic expert in the area of product liability for a number of years
and a worked for mfg's. who really did nothing wrong. They also went to
sufficient lengths to educate consumers on safety. However, they still spent a
ton of money defending themselves against plaintiff's alligations.

Based on my experience, I would only sell components, not a complete device -
unless you have lots of insurance.

Tim Flood