Re: Thoughts on Tesla coil grounds...

Original poster: "Paul Benham by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Paulb-at-woodanddouglas.co.uk>

When using a ground plane like this, do you have to make sure that you
keep clear of it as well as the coil itself, and treat it as if it was
live with R.F.?

I assume that you do not treat it as being a true R.F. ground, and
covering my garage floor in this way and then standing on it with a
running coil present would be a bad idea! - as I would be in contact
with control gear grounded to mains ground.

Thanks in advance,

Paul Benham.