Re: primary coil

Original poster: "Eleanor Flood by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <eflood-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hi all,
How critical is the number for coax to use for a primary?   If so, is
there a way to determine if it will work by visual inspection.  I have
lots of coax around here,
one good length has radio type plugs attached, so think it is Rf rated,
not the TV hookup type.  Have other coax, but find no identifying
numbers on any of it.

Also, how about copper tubing?  Have a helix coil, 3/8", 5+ turns, ~
3/8" between turns, coil is about 6" in diameter, my secondary is 3-1/2"

Any info and/or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Safe coiling,   Elli