Re: Primary coil form

In a message dated 7/17/01 3:45:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Vanderputten, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest.
> net>" <gvp-at-pvaintl-dot-com>

jGary,

I don't think the primary matters at all efficiency-wise, but a flat
primary works just as well as the others and is easy to make, and
discourages streamer strikes to the priamry, thus I like to use the
flat priamrysi.  Helical primaries can also tend to couple too
tightly and cause flashovers, etc.   Most of the efficiency
advanteages of today's coils are due to other reasons:

   http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

John