Re: Liability...the thread that will not die..

Original poster: "Steve Rosenthal by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sdrosen-at-cwia-dot-com>

Subject: Guns & Doctors ??????

Number of physicians in the US: 700,000.
Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year: 120,000.
Accidental deaths per physician.... 0.171
(U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services)

Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000
Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) 1,500.
Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188
Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun
owners. Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at least one doctor. Please
alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this
gets out of hand.

I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear that the shock could
cause people to seek medical aid.