Re: Cutting Acrylic

Hi Ben,

Most any hardware store that sells sheet plastic will have cutters.  These are
plastic handles the have a "tooth" in them that will easily score a deep grove
(a knife won't work).  They are cheap and easy.  You can score a deep grove and
snap it.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/cutter.jpg

Be sure to press these things solidly against a strong straight edge since they
like to "ice skate" where "they" want to go.  Practice first...

You can also slowly cut plastic with a hand miter saw.

The problem is that this plastic is brittle and will heat and melt easily with
any power tool.  Lexan is far better if you have a place near you that sells it
or gives away scraps for free.

Cheers,

        Terry