Re: Math help...

Original poster: "Brent Turner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bturner-at-apc-dot-net>

John -

>From what I recall, there are small losses due to hysteresis. While the
core material (hopefully) is optimized for 60Hz operation, I would
imagine that there is still a slight loss. Eddy currents of coarse are
dissapative due to circulating currents in the core material. For those
unaware, that is the reason why transformer laminations are either
coated or specially oxidized to increase the surface contact resistance.
Otherwise, the flux in the core will induce tremendous current in the
core which a) would saturate it, and b) act as one heck of a short.

- brent

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>