Re: Twin coils on ebay

Original poster: "Steve Rosenthal by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sdrosen-at-cwia-dot-com>

It seems to me that ignorance is bliss. The "what if"s are endless. I know
that there is a lot of tesla coil gear and other potentially dangerous items
sold on Ebay and other auctions online and off, .....consider the government
auctions of just high voltage gear alone. Liability and risk are part of the
game with Tesla coils, what does it matter if you sell them or not? What if
a couple of the neighbor kids break into your house while your on vacation,
fires up your coil and fries his buddy? Is that covered by your homeowners
policy???

I can appreciate your position and concern, but where does one draw the
line? Tesla coils are DANGEROUS, people who experiment with them have a high
risk tolerance. Those sorts of folks are willing to take calculated risks
and if there like me... get a thrill from the experience. We aren't
"normal", we are definately a rare breed of folks, and have something in
common that is typically uncommon... We like noise and to create lightning
bolts in our garages, basements, back yards, bedrooms and dens. Look at the
early pictures of Bill Wysocks coils in his typical southern Cal. suburban
back yard!! Ever wonder what his neighbors thought every time he fire the
thing up. I mean we've got teenagers here pulling out the dryer at their
parents home and tapping into their mom and dad's 220vac to run pole pigs on
the patio.... MAN!!!!! So thanks for the advice, but I think a lot of the
people reading this already know that and we are hoping for the
best.......the odds are in our favor according to my scoresheet, what will
be will be.

"A client between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats"

"Whats 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean.................a good
start"

S. David Rosenthal