Re: triggered gaps in Re: Three phase TC

HI,

I have not been following this three phase coil thread well but...

If one needs a standard rotary gap to do three phases, having three
rotor/electrode sets 120 degress out of phase but all on the same motor
shaft may be an option.  It would be a bit hard to get the right phase
matched to the right rotor.  Maybe trial and error with a strobe light...

It sounds a bit like you are thinking of geting 120 degrees out of the
three top streamer waveforms.  That will be "tough" :-))  You may be able
to use a Marx generator type circuit or something like Marc's triggered gap
to at least fire them at the right timing...  But once they fire, the
waveform timing will jitter all over the place depending on many things
like streamer length...  However, I am not sure anyone would ever notice
any difference regardless...

Cheers,

	Terry