Re: NST Ground, RF ground, the whole bit...

Hi Jonathon,

I tie the NST, motor case, and secondary base all to the same RF ground.  I
guess it would be a little better to have the secondary base going to a
dedicated ground.

I tie the motor case to an RF ground since my sync gap motors are near enough
to get strikes.  If the case is not grounded well for RF, the current will jump
to the AC line and neutral wires.  This "jump" tends to short the hot to the
motor case and can destroy the motor.  Thus, I have line input filter MOVs to
be sure the voltage between the wires and case never goes above ~200 volts

Stray bolts and nails that don't go anywhere can be ignored.

Cheers,

        Terry