secondary wire/ primary spacing

Original poster: "christopher carsten by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ctom-at-toast-dot-net>

Good afternoon, I have 2 questions which I am sure someone could help me out
with. I have a 2000' spool of 24awg plastic insulated wire that I would like
to put into service on my 7" secondary. Are there any drawbacks to using
this type of wire? I see that most of you use enamel stuff, and I have in
the past as well. would the insulation give the effect of space winding?
And second, I am using a 3/8 Cu. flat spiral primary, the spacing between
windings is about 1", would I get better results having closer spacing? I am
currently using a few 15/30 nst's but will be switching over to mot's soon.
Thanks in advance,
Chris