Re: Space Winding - was What to look for...

Original poster: "Kennan C Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kcha1-at-juno-dot-com>

I seem to have missed the originating posting on this topic.  I
space-wind this way, using a sonotube:  1.  Slather the tube with a
water-repellant such as Jasco Water Sealant II & let it dry.  2.  Wind
closely onto it 1 layer of cotton twine; I used a 0.06" dia. size.  3.
Wind firmly over that 1 overlapped layer of 0.003" x 2" wide teflon
plumber's tape.  4.  Using the spiral groove presented by the twine, wind
on the wire.  5.  Secure the wire in place with several longitudinal
stripes of polystyrene "Q-dope"; I used 8 for a 12"-dia. coil.

That the wire may not remain, here & there, in the rather slight
twine-groove I have found to be immaterial, as long as varnished wire is
used--preferrably of the "heavy coated" variety.

Ken Herrick

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 08:20:42 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>
>
> I've simply used bifilar winding of same type of wire and removed
> one
> winding after completing winding.
> Used strips of double sided tape along former to keep it still. Was
> amazingly easy to do
>
> Best
> Ted Linney oin NZ

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!