Primary coil idea

Original poster: "Pete Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

Imagine two series helical primary coils.  An inner coil wound on 6" PVC
using #12 THHN insulated wire(about 7 turns per inch).  An outer coil wound
on 8" PVC using #12 bare wire with enough spacing between winds to allow
tapping and air insulation.

Or an inner tight wound helical with an outer spiral wound part for
adjustability.

Wouldn't some variation of this work and be a lot more compact than the
usual spiral primary?

Is the magnetic field more compact with a smaller coil (same inductance with
smaller area)?

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to larger or smaller (in area)
primary coils?

Regards,

Pete Komen

I have lots of ideas and things to try, I just need more time...more
money...more space...