Re: TC efficiency, was Math help...

Hi Peter,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>
> As far as I can tell J Freau's formula only applies to 6x24" and larger
coils.

I don't think so. Regardless of the number of coils you've built, I think
there is an efficiency issue
that causes your coils not to achieve their capable output. I have heard of
a few who achieved John's
sparklength formula with different sized coils. Most don't, that's a given
as far as I'm concerned.
Reason being, there are inefficiencies where power is lost. There are
numerous places in the system to
lose power. The problem is trying to figure out where power is being
transfered elsewhere except to the
sparks.

I myself have not achieved John's efficiency, but I know where I have
inefficiency's at and don't expect
to acheive those spark lengths until those inefficiency's are dealt with
(and I'm currently working on it
- as a matter of fact, I'm working on 12 foot arcs on an 8.5" coil).

Something to remember about John's formula: there are inefficiency's taken
into account on John's coils
within the formula by sheere fact that no coil is 100% efficient, including
John's. He was able to
achieve his sparklengths on "different" coil sizes, not only the 6" x 24".

Take care,
Bart