Re: How to modify a motor for sync, was Design Problem

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi John, CJ, all

I was thinking about the syncmot.zip file on hot-streamer and how it said
don't make the flat to shallow, or too deep. I think I have a way to find
perfect depth. Find the length of the dead-pole and trace it on to the rotor
so it looks like two parallel lines. Then, instead of filing length wise,
paralell to the rotor, file it perpendicular, until the flat is wide enough.
then you should have exactly enough left. Unless I'm wrong, the flats should
be that: "flat" right? Not like a canyon, with "walls". You guys know what I
mean right?!?!

Jonathon Reinhart