TESLA MAP fixed... soon

Original poster: "The Big Giant Kevin by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <neo4s-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I switched Tesla Map to the "overall" toroid measurement method. Apparently
I was in the extreme minority using this method. I know it is very difficult
to predict the optimum toroid size, but Tesla Map allows you to change the
calculated optimum dimensions. The calculated dimensions are really just a
guide. I think John Freau is doing great work by exploring areas beyond the
traditional normal coil parameters, and working out original formulas like
the optimal toroid parameters.

Bart writes;
the secondary inductance is very low (TeslaMap = 70.1mH, JavaTC = 121.7mH).
Whatever is going on, TeslaMap is not right.

Bart was absolutely right, the secondary inductance calculation was wrong.
(you leave off a "^2" and it throws the whole program out of whack) I got
that fixed and the Tesla Map calculations now closely match the results Bart
gave.

Bart also says;
Screen #3 (Primary): Well, darn. The window is off the screen. I can't see
below 2/3 of the output and there's no scroll bar or any way I can view the
bottom. Screen #4: Same problem of seeing only 2/3's of it.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to change the program's window
size. You will need a monitor with a screen resolution of at least 800x600
to see the program. Very few monitors are unable to view at 800x600 pixels,
except some older ones. If you have one of these older monitors you can try
to change the resoultion, if that dosnt work- sorry!

I've also modified the error checking so that the input fields will accept a
decimal without a zero before it. I could see where having to type a zero
could be irritating, I guess I just got use to it. And let me say that
Bart’s JavaTC program is an excellent design program. I recommend that
everyone check it out if you haven’t already. I cant seem to get onto the
angelfire site to upload the updated Tesla Map program. I'll have to try
again tomorrow. I guess you can't expect much for free. When I get it
uploaded, I'll post the link to the site.
Kevin Wilson