RE: Epoxy

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Hello Ben:
I have been a user of J.B. Weld for many years.
It will hold acrylic to copper with certain limitations.
The acryllic must be deeply scruffed. Use #80 sandpaper. The epoxy needs a
gripping surface.
the copper also needs a toothy surface but not a deep. It must be free of
foreign chemicals and clean as a whistle.

Allow proper setting and mix carefully. The two plunger systems, IMHO, are
not as strong a bond.
The free mixing of resin and hardener allows me to add just a tad more
hardener for what I believe is a better setup.

Safety First

Ted

Subject: Epoxy

Original poster: "Ben Murrell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<benmurrell-at-att-dot-net>

All,
Does anyone know if epoxy will hold acrylic to copper? (The 2 plunger "shot"
type where you mix the resin and such?)
Thanks,
Ben